Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Nowak v. City of Country Club Hills 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Nowak v. City of Country Club Hills, summary (111838s.pdf)
- Nowak v. City of Country Club Hills (111838.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court Nowak v. City of Country Club Hills, 2011 IL Caption in Supreme Court: DON NOWAK, Appellee, v. THE CITY OF COUNTRY CLUB HILLS, Appellant. Docket No. Filed December 1, 2011 Held (Note: This syllabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the court but has been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions for the convenience of the reader.) An injured police officer's employer does not become statutorily obligated to pay the entire health insurance premium for him and his family until it is determined that he will never return to work because of permanent disability caused by catastrophic injury, i.e., when he is awarded line-of-duty disability pension. Decision Under Review Appeal from the Appellate Court for the First District; heard in that court on appeal from the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Hon. Loretta Eadie-Daniels, Judge, presiding. Judgment Appellate court judgment reversed; circuit court judgment affirmed. Counsel on Appeal John B. Murphe
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:09:44 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 111838.pdf - checksum='1822185103' byte count= '110106'
- 111838s.pdf - checksum='2564131586' byte count= '50727'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 12 01 2012
- dateLastModified: 12 01 2012
- description: Justice Thomas delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. On August 21, 2005, this City of Country Club Hills police officer was injured while attempting to make an arrest and did not work again.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: December 1
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011