Sierra Club v. Illinois Pollution Control Board
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Sierra Club v. Illinois Pollution Control Board (2011, October 27) 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Sierra Club v. Illinois Pollution Control Board, summary (110882s.pdf)
- Sierra Club v. Illinois Pollution Control Board (110882.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Justice Thomas delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Freeman, Garman, Karmeier, and Burke concurred in the judgment and opinion. Justice Theis dissented, with opinion, joined by Chief Justice Kilbride. The production of steel in electric arc furnaces generates toxic waste. Peoria Disposal Company, which has had an EPA permit since 1989 to store and treat hazardous waste at its facility near Peoria, developed a new process to stabilize this hazardous residue, or electric arc furnace dust, by converting it into material that is not hazardous.
Organization: Illinois Supreme Court
200 East Capitol
Springfield, IL 62701-1720
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 10 27 2011
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 10 27 2011
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:24:38 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110882.pdf - checksum='639439667' byte count= '65755'
- 110882s.pdf - checksum='4135329253' byte count= '84479'