Public Hearings Scheduled for Chicago to St. Louis High-Speed Rail Tier 1 Study
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Public Hearings Scheduled for Chicago to St. Louis High-Speed Rail Tier 1 Study (2012, July 30) [840**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Public Hearings Scheduled for Chicago to St. Louis High-Speed Rail Tier 1 Study (073012IDOTTier1_Press_Advisory_forPublicHearings.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
The Illinois Department of Transportation and the Federal Railroad Administration are hosting a series of public hearings to seek comment on the Draft environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) that has been prepared for the Tier 1 EIS for high-speed rail from Chicago to St. Louis. The DEIS outlines the environmental impacts on the alternatives that have been retained for further study. Numerous alternatives for accommodating higher speeds and additional round trips were studied in detail and narrowed down based on a set of evaluation criteria that included residential and commercial impacts, travel time reductions, safety, and environmental impacts. The alternatives include a full build-out, which is adding a second track, and other improvements. The current Chicago to St. Louis corridor operates on a single track that is shared by both traditional freight and Amtrak passenger rail service.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Transportation
2300 S. Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62764
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 07 30 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 07 30 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 19:47:58 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 073012IDOTTier1_Press_Advisory_forPublicHearings.doc - checksum='1979861874' byte count= '130560'