Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Board of Education of Auburn Community Unit School [110395, 110422]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Board of Education of Auburn Community Unit School, summary (110395s.pdf)
- Board of Education of Auburn Community Unit School (110395.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Docket Nos. 110395, cons. IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STAT OF ILLINOIS THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF UBURN COM MUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 10, Appellant and Cross-Appellee, v. THE DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE et al., Appellees and CrossAppellants. Opinion filed May 19, 2011. JUSTICE HEIS elivered th udgment of th ourt, ith opinion. Chief Ju stice Kilbr ide an ustices reeman, homas, Ga rman, Karmeier, and Burke concurred in the judgment and opinion. OPINION The issue in his case is whet her he Pr operty Tax Extension Limitation Law (PTELL) (35 ILCS 200/18-185 et seq. (West 2006)) applies to all portions of the Auburn Community Unit School District No.10 ( Auburn istrict) af ter erritory in coun ty tha ha ot considered PTELL referendum was nnexed nto the uburn District. For the reasons that follow, we hold that the entire Auburn District remains subject to the PTELL. BACKGROUND On January 31, 7, the Regional Board of School Trustees of PTELL automatically applies to ll non-home-rule taxing di
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:35:16 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110395.pdf - checksum='2027135541' byte count= '88577'
- 110395s.pdf - checksum='4127751356' byte count= '51526'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 05 19 2011
- dateLastModified: 05 19 2011
- description: JUSTICE THEIS delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, and Burke concurred in the judgment and opinion. Auburn and Divernon are small towns in Sangamon County, southwest of Springfield. Prior to 2007, the Auburn school district was located entirely within Sangamon County.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May 19
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011