Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Italia Foods, Inc. v. Sun Tours, Inc. 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Italia Foods, Inc. v. Sun Tours, Inc., summary (110350s.pdf)
- Italia Foods, Inc. v. Sun Tours, Inc. (110350.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court Italia Foods, Inc. v. Sun Tours, Inc., 2011 IL Caption in Supreme Court: ITALIA FOODS, INC., Appellee, v. SUN TOURS, INC., d/b/a Hobbit Travel, et al., Appellants. Docket No. Filed Rehearing denied June 3, 2011 September 26, 2011 Held (Note: This syllabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the court but has been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions for the convenience of the reader.) Under the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, the Illinois General Assembly did not have to enact enabling legislation before private action could be brought under the Act in state court, since, under the "acknowledgment approach" followed by the majority of jurisdictions, state courts must, as matter of supremacy clause jurisprudence, remain open to litigants with federal causes of action and are not free to refuse enforcement. Decision Under Review Appeal from the Appellate Court for the Second District; heard in that court on appeal from the C
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:30:47 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110350.pdf - checksum='1529117721' byte count= '122992'
- 110350s.pdf - checksum='3718453529' byte count= '83126'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 06 03 2011
- dateLastModified: 06 03 2011
- description: JUSTICE FREEMAN delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. In 1991, Congress enacted federal legislation dealing with unsolicited telemarketing, such as automated phone calls and junk faxes. This enactment is the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, or TCPA. This Lake County class action, originally filed in 2003, complained of unsolicited faxes advertising travel opportunities.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: June 3
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011