Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Jablonski v. Ford Motor Co. 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court Jablonski v. Ford Motor Co., 2011 IL Caption in Supreme Court: DORA MAE JABLONSKI et al., Appellees, v. FORD MOTOR COMPANY et al. (Ford Motor Company, Appellant). Docket No. Filed September 22, 2011 Held (Note: This syllabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the court but has been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions for the convenience of the reader.) The duty analysis in negligent-product-design case encompasses riskutility balancing test, and while compliance with industry standards is relevant factor in that analysis, it is not dispositive. Decision Under Review Appeal from the Appellate Court for the Fifth District; heard in that court on appeal from the Circuit Court of Madison County, the Hon. A.A. Matoesian, Judge, presiding. Judgment Judgments reversed. Counsel on Appeal Philip J. Rarick, of Troy, Gary Feinerman, Justin B. Weiner and Constantine L. Trela, Jr., of Sidley Austin LLP, of Chicago, and Alan J. Dixon, Dan H. Ball and Pe
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:35:14 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110096.pdf - checksum='1168039672' byte count= '194621'
- 110096s.pdf - checksum='2641798597' byte count= '85777'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 09 22 2011
- dateLastModified: 09 22 2011
- description: JUSTICE THEIS delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Freeman, Garman, Karmeier, and Burke concurred in the judgment and opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justice Thomas took no part in the decision. In 2003, where Illinois Route 203 intersects Interstate 270 in Madison County, the driver of a 1993 Lincoln Town Car was killed and his wife was severely burned and disfigured when they came to a stop in a construction zone and were struck from behind by a vehicle which was traveling at high speed.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: September 22
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011