Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
People v. Masterson 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court People v. Masterson, 2011 IL Caption in Supreme Court: THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, Appellee, v. JAMES MASTERSON, Appellant. Docket No. Filed Rehearing denied September 22, 2011 November 28, 2011 Held (Note: This syllabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the court but has been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions for the convenience of the reader.) Persons sought to be statutorily committed as sexually dangerous and as sexually violent are not similarly situated, and the fact that only the latter may retain their own experts at public expense does not deny equal protection. Decision Under Review Appeal from the Appellate Court for the First District; heard in that court on appeal from the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Hon. Kathleen M. Pantle, Judge, presiding. Judgment Affirmed. Counsel on Appeal Abishi C. Cunningham, Jr., Public Defender, of Chicago (Bruce Charles Landrum, Assistant Public Defender, of counsel), for appellant
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:27:40 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 110072.pdf - checksum='3619158441' byte count= '109327'
- 110072s.pdf - checksum='2795219412' byte count= '84258'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 09 22 2011
- dateLastModified: 09 22 2011
- description: CHIEF JUSTICE KILBRIDE delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. This offender has a confessed history of pedophilic behavior dating back to 1983, including a series of events which were under surveillance by Chicago police in 1997.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: September 22
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011