Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Wirtz v. Quinn 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court Wirtz v. Quinn, 2011 IL Caption in SupremeCourt: W. ROCK WELL WIRTZ et al. , Appelle es, v. PAT RICK QUIN N,Governor, et al., Appellants. Docket No. Filed July 11, 2011 Held (Note: This sy llabusconstitutes no part of the opinion of the court buthas been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions forthe conven ience th reader.) Video Gaming Act held not to violate the single-subject provision ofthe Illinois Constitution of 1970. Decision Under Review Appeal from the Appellate Court for the First District, reported at 407Ill. App. 3d 776; heard in that court on appeal from the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Hon. Lawrence O'Gara, Judge, presiding. Judgment Appellate court judgment reversed; circuit court judgment affirmed. 2- Counsel on Appeal Lisa Madigan, Attorney General, of Springfield (Michael A. Scodro,Solicitor General, and Richard S. Huszagh, Assistant Attorney General, of Chicago, of counsel), for appellants. Sam Vinson, Floyd D. Perkins,
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:14:20 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 111903.pdf - checksum='3761307109' byte count= '112826'
- 111903s.pdf - checksum='2090989984' byte count= '84465'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 07 11 2011
- dateLastModified: 07 11 2011
- description: Justice Burke delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, Karmeier, and Theis concur in the judgment and opinion. On July 13, 2009, a legislative capital projects plan with numerous provisions created the Video Gaming Act and was signed into law by Governor Patrick Quinn.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: July 11
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011