IEMA Working to Identify, Secure Contaminated Pet Bowls at 11 Petco Stores in Illinois
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
IEMA Working to Identify, Secure Contaminated Pet Bowls at 11 Petco Stores in Illinois (2012, June 29) [725**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- IEMA Working to Identify, Secure Contaminated Pet Bowls at 11 Petco Stores in Illinois (062912IEMAContaminatedPetBowls.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
The Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) today announced it is coordinating with Petco to identify and secure stainless steel pet bowls that are contaminated with low-levels of cobalt-60, a radioactive material. According to Petco officials, shipments containing the potentially contaminated bowls were sent to 11 stores in Illinois. While the bowls present no immediate health risk, IEMA is working with federal officials to prevent unnecessary radiation exposure by anyone who comes in contact with them.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Emergency Management Agency
2200 South Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62703
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 06 29 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 06 29 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:01:11 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 062912IEMAContaminatedPetBowls.doc - checksum='2970713973' byte count= '120832'