Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Clark v. Childrens Memorial Hospital 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Clark v. Childrens Memorial Hospital, summary (108656s.pdf)
- Clark v. Childrens Memorial Hospital (108656.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court Clark v. Children's Memorial Hospital, 2011 IL Caption in Supreme Court: AMY CLARK et al., Appellees, v. THE CHILDREN'S MEMORIAL HOSPITAL et al., Appellants. Docket No. Filed Rehearing denied May 6, 2011 September 26, 2011 Held (Note: This syllabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the court but has been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions for the convenience of the reader.) Where parents asserted the tort of wrongful birth, their claim for the expenses of caring for their disabled child after he reached the age of majority was properly dismissed because the common law and statutes of Illinois do not require parents to support their children after they reach the age of majority; and, because the supreme court concluded here that the zone-of-danger test should not apply to plaintiffs who seek compensation for emotional distress as an element of damages for the tort of wrongful birth, the plaintiffs should be allowed, on remand, to amend th
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:06:13 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 108656.pdf - checksum='1152016627' byte count= '243914'
- 108656s.pdf - checksum='3233304394' byte count= '115387'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 05 06 2011
- dateLastModified: 05 06 2011
- description: JUSTICE GARMAN delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion.Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Thomas, Karmeier, Burke, and Theis concurred in the judgment and opinion. Justice Freeman concurred in part and dissented in part, with opinion. This Cook County civil action for damages is at the pleading stage.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May 6
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011