Springfield Rail Improvements Project Advisory Group Meets to Review
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Springfield Rail Improvements Project Advisory Group Meets to Review (2012, June 27) [709**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Springfield Rail Improvements Project Advisory Group Meets to Review (062712SPIAdvisoryGroupMeetingMediaBriefing.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Several alternatives for accommodating anticipated increases in freight and passenger rail traffic through Springfield have been studied as part of the Chicago to St. Louis High-Speed Rail Environmental Impact Study (EIS). The alternatives have been narrowed down and a recommended alternative, along with its environmental impacts, will also be presented at an open house for the Springfield Rail Improvements Project Advisory Group. This is the last major advisory group meeting before the studys public hearing. Release of the EIS and the public hearing are the next steps toward selecting an alternative that will add a second track to increase the number of high-speed trains and daily round trips from Chicago to St. Louis. The media is invited to attend a briefing on the date and location listed below, which is prior to the open house for advisory group members.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Transportation
2300 S. Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62764
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 06 27 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 06 27 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:10:42 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 062712SPIAdvisoryGroupMeetingMediaBriefing.doc - checksum='4094691137' byte count= '130560'