Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Tobacco Products Tax Changes [Informational Bulletin FY 2012-11]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- On July 1, 2012, the Illinois Tobacco Products tax rate increases and certain tobacco products meet the new definition of cigarettes. (FY2012-11.pdf)
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '824556762'.
Sample text from the file
.For information or forms Visit our website at: tax.illinois.gov Call us at: 782-6045 Call our TDD (telecommunications device for the deaf) at: 544-5304 This bulletin is written to inform you of recent changes; it does not replace statutes, rules and regulations, or court decisions. On July 1, 2012, the Illinois Tobacco Products tax rate increases and certain tobacco products meet the new definition of cigarettes. What is the tax rate change effective July 1, 2012? For the tax imposed on the wholesale price of tobacco products sold or otherwise disposed of to retailer or consumer, the tax rate increases from percent to percent. This new tax rate applies beginning with the July 2012 return, which is due August 15, 2012. Are there any form changes due to the new tax rate? Yes. We have revised the following returns. (The revision date in the lower left corner is (R-6/12).) You must use these forms beginning with your July 2012 liability period. TP-1, Tobacco Products Tax Return, and TP-1
101 W Jefferson
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:17:37 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- FY2012-11.pdf - checksum='2977203805' byte count= '151618'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Department of Revenue
- contactPhoneNumber: 800-732-8866
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62794
- dateCreated: 06 25 2012
- dateLastModified: 06 25 2012
- description: On July 1, 2012, the Illinois Tobacco Products tax rate increases and certain tobacco products meet the new definition of cigarettes.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: June
- originatorDepartment: Dept. of Revenue
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2012