Illinois EPA Advisory Regarding Foam on Kishwaukee and Rock River Branches
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois EPA Advisory Regarding Foam on Kishwaukee and Rock River Branches (2012, June 26) [703**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Illinois EPA Advisory Regarding Foam on Kishwaukee and Rock River Branches (062612EPARiverfoamphenomenonJune2012.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Area residents in the Kishwaukee and Rock River areas have been noticing foam and a red cast in some of their branches. While the anomalies are sometimes reported as a possible industrial or agricultural release, weather and water conditions in northwestern Illinois have been just right to promote growth of a particular type of algae. The Illinois EPA has conducted investigations and has determined that these are rare, but natural occurrences.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
1021 North Grand Avenue East
P.O. Box 19276
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 06 26 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 06 26 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:08:32 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 062612EPARiverfoamphenomenonJune2012.doc - checksum='3356195869' byte count= '104448'