Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
People v. White 
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS OFFICIAL REPORTS Supreme Court People v. White, 2011 IL Caption in Supreme Court: THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, Appellant, v. PIERRE WHITE, Appellee. Docket No. Filed June 16, 2011 Held (Note: This sy llabus constitutes no part of the opinion of the court but has been prepared by the Reporter of Decisions for the conveni ence of the reader.) Where the factual basis entered for guilty plea makes it clear that defendant is subject to mandatory sentencing enhancement, trial court judgme nt imposing sentence that does not include the enhancement on the basis that the enhancement was ex cluded by the parties from the plea agreement is void. Decision Under Review Appeal from the Appellate Court for the First District, No. 1-07-2102 (unpublished order under Supreme Court Rule 23); heard in that court on appeal from the Circuit Court of Cook County, the Hon. Marcus R. Salone, Judge, presiding. Judgment Affirmed. 2- Counsel on Appeal Lisa Madigan, Attorney General, Springfield
200 East Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:14:13 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 109616.pdf - checksum='334464331' byte count= '93704'
- 109616s.pdf - checksum='4120913230' byte count= '83761'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Supreme Court
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7821
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701-1720
- dateCreated: 06 16 2011
- dateLastModified: 06 16 2011
- description: Justice Burke delivered the judgment of the court, with opinion. Chief Justice Kilbride and Justices Freeman, Thomas, Garman, and Karmeier concurred in the judgment and opinion. Justice Theis specially concurred, with opinion. This Cook County defendant was charged with first degree murder on an accountability theory concerning the 2004 shooting death of a cab driver who was robbed. White pled guilty pursuant to a negotiated plea agreement.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: June 16
- originatorDepartment: Supreme Court
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011