Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.The Illinois State Library Literacy Office awarded Penny Severns Summer Family Literacy grants to libraries totaling nearly $200,000 for summer 2010. The program promotes learning during the summer months when parents and children can learn together through variety of educational activities. In FY10, projects served 1,769 adults and 4,040 children. Following are highlights. Aurora Public Library The target audience was immigrant and refugee families, with children ages 3-5 from Mexico, Myanmar and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Families were introduced to the six early literacy skills of the Every Child Ready to Read Curriculum, sponsored by the Public Library Association and the Association for Library Services to Children. calendar activity included singing the "Days of the Week." Families also received set of alphabet letters for Parent and Child Together (PACT) activity to practice spelling their names. At the beginning of the program 4-year old boy did not want to partici
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:35:53 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120723201041_illiteracy_winter11.pdf - checksum='2899397399' byte count= '265016'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 2177855600
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 S. Second St.
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 01 31 2011
- dateLastModified: 02 04 2011
- description: Newsletter about the Illinois State Library Literacy Program.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: Winter
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/illiteracy_winter11.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011