Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Schools, literacy programs and libraries throughout the state celebrated Family Reading Night in November by holding variety of innovative events to encourage families to read together. Family Reading Night, sponsored by Secretary of State Jesse White, is held annually on the third Thursday in November. Following are highlights from this past year's events: Southeastern Illinois College The literacy program sponsored pajama parties at the Shawneetown, Rosiclare and Harrisburg public libraries, where children wore their pajamas and brought their favorite stuffed animals. Raggedy Ann and others read bedtime stories and door prizes were given to the families. The Head Start program brought their families as well and did finger play. An event also was held at the Norris City Library with "Puppy Tales" theme, featuring Clifford the Big Red Dog. They made craft project of big red floppy dog-ears, baked cookies in the shape of dog bones, and read Clifford stories. Each child received Cliffo
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:25:24 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120723200529_illiteracy_spring2007.pdf - checksum='3329661997' byte count= '1631955'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 2177855600
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 S. Second St.
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 04 17 2007
- dateLastModified: 04 27 2007
- description: Newsletter about the Illinois State Library Literacy Program.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: Spring
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/illiteracy_spring2007.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2007