Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.For eight years, grants have been awarded for thePenny Severns Summer Family Literacy program through the Secretary of State Literacy Office.This unique literacy effort promotes learning during the summer months and offers parents andchildren opportunities to participate in field trips and other educational activities together. Fifty-sixprojects served 1,497 adults and 2,551 children in summer 2006. Following are few examples: Blue Gargoyle, Chicago Parents experi-enced the rich Chicago cultural resources available for learning with their children. At theChildren's Museum at Navy Pier parents and children enjoyed interactive exhibits such as townsetting, fire safety, backyard, pretend neighborhood, and butterfly and waterfall light show.The families also visited the Brookfield Zoo where they saw and learned about many exotic animals. Kishwaukee College, Malta Parents andchildren enjoyed the Midwest Museum of Natural History and the Art Attack School of Art in Syca-more. At the museum
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:22:41 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120723200510_illiteracy_winter2007.pdf - checksum='3672207744' byte count= '857326'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 2177855600
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 S. Second St.
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 01 22 2007
- dateLastModified: 01 26 2007
- description: Newsletter about the Illinois State Library Literacy Program.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: Winter
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/illiteracy_winter2007.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2007