Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Each year, the Illinois State Library receives federal Library Services and Technology Act funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. For many years the State Library used LSTA funds to administer popular competitive grant program for different types of libraries and library systems. The grants were designed to promote creativity and help libraries address specific local needs. In the summer of 2009, after the General Assembly made significant cuts to per capita grant programs, Secretary of State Jesse White shuttered the competitive LSTA grant program for FY10 and instead used LSTA funds to restore some of the money cut by lawmakers. Because the state's fiscal problems continue, the State Library will direct FY11 LSTA funding toward fundamental programs such as delivery and critical resource sharing services instead of the competitive grant program. Other LSTA funds have been used to provide statewide continuing education programs to the library community. These prog
Gwendolyn Brooks Building
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:09:19 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120723200332_insight_091010.pdf - checksum='3630129184' byte count= '385664'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Illinois State Library
- contactPhoneNumber: 2177855600
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 S. Second St.
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 09 24 2010
- dateLastModified: 09 24 2010
- description: A Newsletter from the Illinois State Library
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: September
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/insight_091010.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2010