Cemetery Licensing to Begin
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Cemetery Licensing to Begin (2012, June 19) [667**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Cemetery Licensing to Begin (061912IDFPRCemeteryrulesfinalrev.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
The regulations needed to implement the last piece of the Cemetery Oversight Act were recently adopted by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. The new rules reflect changes in the Act adopted late last year by the General Assembly. Under the new rules, all cemeteries must obtain a license to operate a cemetery in Illinois or register as being fully or partially exempt from the Act. The law has already created a Consumer Bill of Rights that requires cemeteries to provide a standardized price list to consumers and to enter into signed contracts with consumers who purchase burial rights. Since 2011 Illinois cemeteries have been entering burial data into a statewide data base. To date, over 67,000 burials have been entered into the database.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
320 W. Washington
Springfield, IL 62786
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 06 19 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 06 19 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:31:44 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 061912IDFPRCemeteryrulesfinalrev.doc - checksum='1492287811' byte count= '267776'