Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois State Capitol Sculptures: a Walking Tour [COM 22.1]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '830863394'.
Sample text from the file
.Sundial The bronze sundial was donated by the Daughters ofUnion Veterans of the Civil War (DUVCW) and dedicated to the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) on Sept.8, 1940. The U.S. Marine Band played for the more than in attendance. The ceremony was held inconjunction with the DUVCW's 50th annual national convention and the 74th GAR Encampment. Stephen A. Douglas The "Little Giant's" statue was funded through thesame 1913 appropriation as the Lincoln statue and produced for about $25,000. Dedication of the statueof Lincoln's Democratic rival was on Oct. 5, 1918. Douglas' great-granddaughter placed wreath at thefoot of the statue in its original location just north of the Lincoln statue. The statue was moved in 1935 to itspresent location. Engraved on the base of the statue is Douglas' dying message to his children, ".to obey thelaws and support the Constitution of the United States." Sculptor: Gilbert P. Riswold, 1918 Pierre Menard The 8-foot bronze statue of Illinois' first LieutenantG
213 State Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:42:25 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120719200317_com22.pdf - checksum='3061521623' byte count= '632959'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-785-3000
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 03 15 2010
- dateLastModified: 03 19 2010
- description: Fact sheet and walking tour of the Illinois State Capitol grounds.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: March
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/com22.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2010