Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Investment Guide for Illinois Consumers [SEC PUB 9.5]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '830390371'.
Sample text from the file
.Sec Pub 9.5 cover:Layout 6/22/11 3:25 PM Page As Secretary of State, one of my responsibilities is toregulate the securities industry in Illinois. The IllinoisSecurities Department and are committed to makingsure the securities industry complies with the laws aswell as accepted standards of business practice and professional conduct.The Securities Department registers brokers and investment advisers,and takes administrative action against violators of securities laws. Thedepartment also assists prosecutors in pursuing con artists who defraud investors.This guide outlines investment options, tips on selecting broker or in vestment adviser and the warning signs of investor fraud. Included is achecklist for investors to use when broker calls. While investing can be great way to enhance your present inancial sit uation and prepare for the future, it is not venture that should be takenlightly. My personal investment tip is to do your homework, research youroptions and stay informed. Jesse
Jefferson Terrace, Ste. 300A
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:31:30 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120719195744_sec_pub9.pdf - checksum='179790850' byte count= '330997'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Securities Department
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-2256
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 W. Jefferson St.
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 06 22 2011
- dateLastModified: 07 01 2011
- description: This guide outlines investment options, tips on selecting a broker or investment adviser and the warning signs of investor fraud. Included is a checklist for investors to use when a broker calls.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: June
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/sec_pub9.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011