Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
How to Identify and Report Investment Fraud [SEC 344]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
Libraries holding physical copies can be found by searching Open WorldCat for OCLC Number 713350463.
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '830375744'.
Sample text from the file
.It free, confidential and easy. Call yoursecurities regulator to: 1. Check the licensure and disciplinary back-ground of any firm or individual offering investments for sale. 2. Check to see whether the investment itselfis properly registered or exempt from reg- istration. 3. Make complaint concerning an invest-ment adviser or broker and/or report suspected fraud. 4. Learn more about current investment scamsthat have been reported in Illinois. 5. Receive investor education resources aboutwise and safe investing techniques. Your state securities regulator canhelp. Contact us today: Illinois Securities Departmentwww.avoidthescam.net 800-628-7937 Find regulators for other states andprovinces through the North American Securities Administrators Association atwww.nasaa.org/QuickLinks/ ContactYourRegulator.cfm. COMMON INVESTMENTSCAM SCENARIOS UNSUITABLE INVESTMENTS What mightbe suitable for one investor might not be right for another. Securities professionals must notrecommend investments
Jefferson Terrace, Ste. 300A
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:30:06 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120719195739_sec344.pdf - checksum='1512035362' byte count= '280612'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Securities Department
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-2256
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 W. Jefferson St.
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 03 24 2011
- dateLastModified: 04 04 2011
- description: Brochure for senior consumers to help identify investment fraud.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/sec344.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois