Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois Securities Law of 1953: effective January 1, 1954 (as amended through August 21, 2003)
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '810215633'.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOIS SECURITIES LAW OF 1953 JESSE WHITE Secretary of State Illinois Securities Department (815 ILCS 5/1)Effective January 1, 1954 (As amended through August 21, 2003) am pleased to provide this booklet on the Illinois Securities Law of 1953, including amendments through Aug. 21, 2003.This law governs the offer and sale of securities in Illinois as well as broker-dealers, salespersons, investment advisers and investment adviser representatives.The Secretary of State, Illinois Securities Department is responsible for administering this law and pursuing enforcement actions against violators. New amendments signed into law in August 2003 provide greater protection to people who invest their hard-earned money and, all too often, find they are victims of unscrupulous con-artists.The amendments target individuals who use false financial statements to induce people to invest their money. They also make it violation for employees of brokers and advisers to engage in unethical behavior and
Jefferson Terrace, Ste. 300A
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 17:21:09 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120719195648_sec_pub10.pdf - checksum='1203035621' byte count= '318108'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Securities Department
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-2256
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 300 W. Jefferson St.
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 08 18 2004
- dateLastModified: 08 18 2004
- description: The Illinois Securities Law of 1953, including amendments through Aug. 21, 2003.This law governs the offer and sale of securities in Illinois as well as broker-dealers, salespersons, investment advisers and investment adviser representatives.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: February
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/sec_pub10.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2004