Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Life Goes On: a newsletter for Secretary of State Facility Employees and other Organ/Tissue Donation Advocates
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.unusual concept of organ donation and transplantation. Buried in the stack of entries was simple, hand-drawn stick family holding hands. little boy in kindergarten, wise beyond his years, had submitted the poster with simple heartfelt message: "Please help save my Daddy. Be an Organ Donor." This poignant message was written by 5-year-old boy who knew firsthand about the importance of donation. Without liver transplant, he would lose his daddy. Joseph's mother, Meg, said when Joseph saw flyer about the poster contest at the Helen Plum Library in Lombard, he was excited to rush home and draw his picture and mail it the very next day. Joseph's poster won and his message would become the face of donation. Joseph and his family traveled to Springfield to receive his award in April 1992. Thanks to generous donor, Joe Kralicek, Sr. received his liver transplant in November 1992. Joe has been enjoying life to the fullest for more than years and is doing very well. "The fact that have survive
213 State Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:26:06 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120718200639_lifegoeson_spring11.pdf - checksum='2419384124' byte count= '578750'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Organ/Tissue Donor Program
- contactPhoneNumber: 800-210-2106
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 04 04 2011
- dateLastModified: 04 08 2011
- description: Newsletter for Secretary of State facility employees and other organ/tissue donation advocates.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: Spring
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/lifegoeson_spring11.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011