Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
First-Person Consent Fact Sheet [EX 7.1]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '826868066'.
Sample text from the file
.First-Person Consent FACT SHEET In January 2006, IllinoisR^ First-Person Consent Lawwent into effect, making personR^s wish to be an organ/ tissue donor legally binding. Additional witnesses orfamily consent is not required for donation to occur. If person was signed up as donor before January 2006,he/she must re-register on the First-Person Consent Registry to ensure that his/her decision to be an organ/tissue donor is honored. In Illinois, persons under age cannot legally enter intoa contract; therefore, family consent is still required before donation can occur. Because persons under age 18are not eligible to join the registry, they should discuss their wishes to be an organ/tissue donor with theirfamilies. When person turns 18, he/she may join the registry. * There are more than 113,000 people on the nationaltransplant waiting list. * In Illinois, nearly 5,000 people are waiting for life-saving donor. * When person agrees to have his/her name included inthe donor registry, the in
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:14:32 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120718195856_ex7.pdf - checksum='3909492922' byte count= '69948'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Organ/Tissue Donor Program
- contactPhoneNumber: (217) 782-4658
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 04 03 2012
- dateLastModified: 04 20 2012
- description: In January 2006, Illinois First-Person Consent Law went into effect, making a persons wish to be an organ/tissue donor legally binding. Additional witnesses or family consent is not required for donation to occur.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: April
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/ex7.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2012