Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Grey Market Vehicles [VSD 272.16]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '826904026'.
Sample text from the file
.This brochure explains the requirements for obtaining titles and registrations for "grey market" vehicles vehicles not originally manufactured in compliance with U.S. emissions and safety standards. These vehicles must be modified to meet those standards, and additional documentation from the federal gov- ernment may be required. If after reviewing the requirements for grey market vehicles you have further questions, please contact the appropriate phone number listed in this brochure. For title and registration information, please contact the Vehicle Services Department at 217-557-0717. Jesse White Secretary of State Grey Market Vehicles Grey market vehicles are those vehicles not originally manufactured in compliance with U.S. emissions and safety standards. Federal law prohibits grey market vehicle from being operat- ed on public highways or sold until the vehicle is in compliance with federal regulations. Once in compliance, the vehicle is no longer considered grey market vehicle.
Michael J. Howlett Bldg.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:04:03 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120718195644_vsd272.pdf - checksum='588759795' byte count= '1083741'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Vehicle Services Department
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-785-3000
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 501 S. 2nd St., Rm. 312
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 10 13 2010
- dateLastModified: 10 15 2010
- description: This brochure explains the requirements for obtaining titles and registrations for grey market vehicles vehicles not originally manufactured in compliance with U.S. emissions and safety standards.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: October
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd272.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorDivision: Vehicle Services Dept.
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2010