Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Estates: Facts About Vehicle Title Transfers [VSD 275.22]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.1. Copy of 2. (jointly owned) properly assigned by the surviving owner(s) transferring the vehicle to the buyer. The current odometer reading must be certified on the assignment of title. 3. Buyer must submit the and completed (VSD-190). The current odometer reading must be indicated on the application and the appropriate box marked either "actual,not actual" or "in excess of mech anical limits" (odometer rolled over). 4. payable to Secretary of State. 5. (RUT-50) and appropriate taxes payable to Illinois Department of Revenue but submitted with the above documents and fees to the Secretary of State. Lost Titles If title is lost, it is not necessary to apply for duplicate title. However, an affidavit indicating that the title has been lost and statement explaining the transfer of the vehicle must be submitted. In cases where the or procedure is applicable, the statement may be included in those affidavits. In cases where the letters of administration procedure is applicable, statemen
Michael J. Howlett Bldg.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 21:00:51 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120718195535_vsd275.pdf - checksum='1732440271' byte count= '770079'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Vehicle Services Department
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-785-3000
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 501 S. 2nd St., Rm. 312
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 09 21 2010
- dateLastModified: 09 30 2010
- description: Upon the death of a vehicle owner, transferring the vehicle title depends on whether the title was in the individual name of the decedent or in joint ownership.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: October
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd275.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorDivision: Vehicle Services Dept.
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2010