Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Texting While Driving: Dangerous and Illegal [DSD A 169.2]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '826913224'.
Sample text from the file
.Limit interaction with passengers* Limit talking while driving. * Keep your eyes on the road.* Keep both hands on the wheel. Avoid driver fatigue* Stay focused on the road. * Don't daydream.* Don't drive if you are tired. * Share driving responsibilities on long trips. DonR^t drive when angry or upset* Emotions can interfere with safe driving. Wait until you have cooled down or resolved problems before gettingbehind the wheel of car. Avoid gawking* Don't take your eyes off the road to look at crash or other activity. If you need to use your cell phone* Pull off the road and stop in safe place to use your phone. Distracted driving involves any activity person engages in thathas the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increase the risk of crash. There are three maintypes of driving distraction: * Visual taking your eyes off the road.* Manual taking your hands off the wheel. * Cognitive taking your mind off what you're doing. Printed by authority of the
213 State Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:00:43 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120717195506_dsd_a169.pdf - checksum='254885921' byte count= '378121'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-785-3000
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 05 30 2012
- dateLastModified: 06 01 2012
- description: The first step toward reducing distracted driving is to increase public awareness about the importance of giving your full attention to the road.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: June
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/dsd_a169.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2012