Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Mandatory Vehicle Insurance [VSD 361.11]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Mandatory Vehicle INSURANCE JesseWhite SECRETARY OF STATE IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT An accident report form must be filed with the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) if damages exceed $500 or if injuries resulted from the accident. At-fault, uninsured motorists are required to pay for damages they cause or face license plate registratio- and driver's license suspensions. The Secretary of State's office does not maintai- insurance information for all registered motor vehi- cles. Insurance information is available only from the motorist involved in the accident or from the report filed with IDOT. For more information on reporting an accident, pleasecontact: Illinois Department of Transportation Accident Records Section Executive Park Dr. Springfield, IL 217-782-4516 PURCHASING INSURANCE Contact an insurance agent to buy liability insurance for your vehicle. Some companies do not sell insur- ance to vehicle owners who have been driving unin- sured. If you have problem
501 S. Second St.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:06:44 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120717195435_vsd361.pdf - checksum='621875595' byte count= '748146'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Mandatory Insurance Division
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-524-4946
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: 429 Howlett Bldg.
- contactZipCode: 62756-7000
- dateCreated: 09 13 2010
- dateLastModified: 09 17 2010
- description: Brochure regarding mandatory vehicle insurance.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: September
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/vsd361.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011