Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Pollution Prevention Internship Program 2000 Intern Projects
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- P2 Internship Program 2000 Intern Projects (2000.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Pollution Prevention Internship Program 2000 Intern Projects Compiled by Richard J. Reese, Program Coordinator with program coordination and assistance by Jim Janssen and Brian Rodely Abbott Laboratories North Chicago, Illinois Intern: Jaclyn Wilson University of Illinois at Chicago Abbott Laboratories is major pharmaceutical company that manufactures and markets antibiotics, nutritional supplements, hospital product IV solutions, diagnostics, and specialty products. The intern worked on source reduction projects at Abbott's North Chicago facility in its specialty products pilot plant. Results: Due to strict Food and Drug Administration regulations, once drum or bag of material has been opened, excess chemicals cannot be reused and must be disposed. Currently, excess chemicals are being sent off-site for disposal at cost of $45,000 per year. The cost to replace these chemicals with virgin feedstock is $300,000. The intern made the following recommendations to reduce excess chemicals:
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:54:45 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 2000.pdf - checksum='2132760902' byte count= '71315'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 07 13 2012
- dateLastModified: 07 13 2012
- description: This document gives a description of the projects completed by the summer interns of the Pollution Prevention Internship Program at the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Office of Pollution Prevention
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- timePeriodTextual: Summer 2000
- volumeOrYear: 2000