Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Pollution Prevention Internship Program 1998 Intern Projects
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- P2 Internship Program 1998 Intern Projects (1998.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Pollution Prevention Internship Program 1998 Intern Projects Compiled by Richard J. Reese, Program Coordinator with program coordination and assistance by Jim Janssen and Brian Rodely American NTN Bearing Mfg. Corp. Elgin Plant Elgin The Elgin plant of American NTN Bearing Mfg. Corp. manufactures precision bearings and bearing components primarily for the automotive industry. This includes radial ball bearings, tapered roller bearings, hub unit bearings, and steel balls. In the hub unit bearing operation, the bearing outer rings are drilled and turned to remove stock prior to heat treatment. The rings are drilled and turned in semi-synthetic aqueous coolant. The rings are then stored in metal parts baskets indoors for period of day to months. The coolant provides rustproofing for the parts prior to the next operation, induction heat treatment. In the induction heat treatment operation, the hub units are pre-washed with water, induction hardened, quenched with synthetic aqueous quench
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:50:01 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 1998.pdf - checksum='781636727' byte count= '65911'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 07 13 2012
- dateLastModified: 07 13 2012
- description: This document gives a description of the projects completed by the summer interns of the Pollution Prevention Internship Program at the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Office of Pollution Prevention
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- timePeriodTextual: Summer 1998
- volumeOrYear: 1998