Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Pollution Prevention for Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs)
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Pollution Prevention for POTWs fact sheet (p2-for-potw.pdf)
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '835671532'.
Sample text from the file
.Pollution Prevention For Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs) Operators at POTWs face number of challenges these days: How do keep up with the ever increasing regulatory burden? How do keep my plant at peak performance and stay within my budget? How do manage my growing industrial base? How do work with my current industries to avoid plant upsets or pass-through of pollutants? How can reduce the amount of contaminants in my sludge? With homes sprouting up closer and closer to my plant, how do work with the surrounding community to address their concerns and be "good neighbor"? Sound familiar? How can pollution prevention programs help? Incorporating pollution prevention (P2) program into your plant operations can help with many of your concerns. It can: help you deal with the regulatory requirements by eliminating some of the pollutants before they have to be treated. save you money in your operating budget to use for more pressing needs or to save for future improvements. help you
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:07:00 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- p2-for-potw.pdf - checksum='2406520695' byte count= '55855'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 07 13 2012
- dateLastModified: 07 13 2012
- description: Your day-to-day operations have plenty of pollution prevention opportunities just waiting to be discovered and put in place. Taking the time to look at your basic process and your everyday routine with some of the following ideas in mind will give you a fresh perspective of your plant and could ultimately save you precious time, money and maybe even a lot of headaches.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Office of Pollution Prevention
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois