Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Public Health Advocates Discuss Health, Budget Benefits of Cigarette Tax Increase [596**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Public Health Advocates Discuss Health, Budget Benefits of Cigarette Tax Increase (052312IDPHCigaretteTaxSupportEventAdvisory.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
535 West Jefferson Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:07:57 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 052312IDPHCigaretteTaxSupportEventAdvisory.doc - checksum='429990031' byte count= '204288'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Department of Public Health
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-4977
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62761
- dateCreated: 05 23 2012
- dateLastModified: 05 23 2012
- description: On May 24, 2012 the director of the Illinois Department Health Public, Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck, will be joined by Dr. Frank Chaloupka - an international expert on cigarette taxes and their impact on public health - to discuss the health and budget benefits of a $1-per-pack cigarette tax increase. The proposed increase, when combined with matching federal funds, will curb overall tobacco use, save lives and generate nearly $700 toward closing the states $2.7 billion Medicaid deficit.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May 23
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois Information Service
- volumeOrYear: 2012