Public Health Advocates Discuss Health, Budget Benefits of Cigarette Tax Increase
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Public Health Advocates Discuss Health, Budget Benefits of Cigarette Tax Increase (2012, May 23) [596**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Public Health Advocates Discuss Health, Budget Benefits of Cigarette Tax Increase (052312IDPHCigaretteTaxSupportEventAdvisory.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
On May 24, 2012 the director of the Illinois Department Health Public, Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck, will be joined by Dr. Frank Chaloupka - an international expert on cigarette taxes and their impact on public health - to discuss the health and budget benefits of a $1-per-pack cigarette tax increase. The proposed increase, when combined with matching federal funds, will curb overall tobacco use, save lives and generate nearly $700 toward closing the states $2.7 billion Medicaid deficit.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Public Health
535 West Jefferson Street
Springfield, IL 62761
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 05 23 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 05 23 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:07:57 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 052312IDPHCigaretteTaxSupportEventAdvisory.doc - checksum='429990031' byte count= '204288'