Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Identity Don't Become a Victim [SOS DOP 156.3]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
The OCLC Open WorldCat number for the electronic document record is '829854716'.
Sample text from the file
.Protect your personal information In addition to your Social Security number, identity thieves cansteal your name, address, driver's license number, bank account numbers and credit card numbers. They get thisinformation by stealing purses or wallets, going through your mail or garbage, buying or stealing information from stores,restaurants, hotels and banks, and redirecting your mail. They also can obtain personal information from unsecure Internetsites. Follow these tips to protect your personal information:* Don't leave your purse or wallet unattended. * Carry only the IDs and credit cards you need.* Don't give personal information over the phone. * Don't transmit personal information over the Internetunless it is secure site. * Don't reveal personal information in e-mails or discussionforums. * Keep passwords and PIN numbers in safe place andavoid using easily available information. * Review bank and credit card accounts regularly andreport discrepancies and late or missing statem
213 State Capitol
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:45:00 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120711195628_sos_dop156.pdf - checksum='149092245' byte count= '103497'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-785-3000
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 09 16 2009
- dateLastModified: 09 28 2009
- description: This brochure includes information on how to safeguard your personal information and what to do if you become a victim of identity theft.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: September
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/sos_dop156.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2009