Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois Notary Public Handbook [I Pub 16.21]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.ILLINOISNOTARY PUBLIC HANDBOOK eS eJ eS ILLINOISNOTARY PUBLIC HANDBOOK Cover Doc:CoveDoc 5/20/10 10:23 AM Page OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE This handbook outlines the important duties of notary public. The Illinois Notary Public Act, effective July 1, 1986, was passed to better meet the needs of the modern business world. Effective in June 2000, under certain conditions, residents of states bordering Illinois may be commissioned as Illinois notaries. Following are basic rules for proper and safe notarization: 1) Keep your notary seal in safe place; 2) Do not notarize signature unless the signer is present at the time of notarization; 3) Do not lend your stamp to anyone, including your employer; 4) Do not identify document signer on the word of friend or employer who is not willing to take an oath; 5) Sign your name on notarial certificates exactly as it appears on your commission and affix your seal. encourage you to read this handbook thoroughly. If you have questions, please co
111 E. Monroe St.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:10:42 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120710201623_ipub16.pdf - checksum='3303195741' byte count= '378716'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Secretary of State. Index Department
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7017
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 05 20 2010
- dateLastModified: 03 09 2012
- description: This handbook outlines the important duties of a notary public. The Illinois Notary Public Act, effective July 1, 1986, was passed to meet the needs of the modern business world better.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: April
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/ipub16.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorDivision: Index Dept.
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2012