Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Third Human Case of Hantavirus in Illinois [529**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Third Human Case of Hantavirus in Illinois (051112IDPHHantavirus.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
535 West Jefferson Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:31:45 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 051112IDPHHantavirus.doc - checksum='2256969915' byte count= '195584'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Department of Public Health
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-4977
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62761
- dateCreated: 05 11 2012
- dateLastModified: 05 11 2012
- description: The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is reporting the third case of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, a rodent-spread disease, in Illinois. Final confirmatory testing from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be available next week. The states first case, reported in 1996, was a northwestern Illinois man who died from the disease. The second case, in 2005, was a Kankakee County resident who had worked in a greenhouse. The third case is an Iroquois County resident who first exhibited symptoms in late April of this year and was hospitalized in May with fever and shortness of breath. The patient has been discharged from the hospital and is recovering. The individual became ill after cleaning out a structure where rodents were seen.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May 11
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois Information Service
- volumeOrYear: 2012