Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
State Economic Development Acting Director Meets with Local Business Leaders in Southern Illinois to Push for Solutions to Stabilize Medicaid & Pension Systems [491**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- State Economic Development Acting Director Meets with Local Business Leaders in Southern Illinois to Push for Solutions to Stabilize Medicaid & Pension Systems (050712DCEOMedicaid-PensionReformCARBONDALE-RELEASE.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
500 E Monroe
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:07:31 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 050712DCEOMedicaid-PensionReformCARBONDALE-RELEASE.doc - checksum='2576621450' byte count= '91648'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-7500
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62701
- dateCreated: 05 07 2012
- dateLastModified: 05 07 2012
- description: Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) Acting Director David Vaught met with business leaders and local government officials in southern Illinois today to push for solutions that stabilize and strengthen Illinois Medicaid and public pension systems this legislative session. During the discussion at the Southern Illinois Airport in Murphysboro, Vaught emphasized that these two fast-growing areas of state spending are on unsustainable paths, jeopardizing their existence, those who depend on them, and the states ability to fund core services like education and public safety. Inaction on these two critical issues creates an uncertainty for businesses assessing their long-term future and suppresses economic growth.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May 7
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois Information Service
- volumeOrYear: 2012