Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
For the Record: Newsletter of the Illinois State Archives and the Illinois State Historical Advisory Board
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Archives Overview workshopThe Illinois State Historical Records Advisory Board is again sponsoring the Society of American Archivists'workshop, "Archives Overview," on October at Danville Area Community College. The workshop isdesigned specifically for persons new to the archives profession, those with limited archival experience, orindividuals who are responsible for archival collections but have no formal archival training. The one-day workshop provides an overview of the corearchival functions of appraisal, accessioning, arrangement and description as well as preservation, referenceand access. Participants will learn the responsibilities and obligations that historical records programs acceptwhen they bring collections into their institutions. The registration fee for the workshop is $185 for SAAmembers and $235 for non-members. The ISHRAB will pay the registration fee of the first Illinois applicantsusing funds provided by an NHPRC grant. Registrations will be handled through the
Margaret Cross Norton Bldg.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:17:22 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120619194450_fortherecordspring12.pdf - checksum='2228260878' byte count= '209706'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Archives
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-4682
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: Capitol Complex
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 04 23 2012
- dateLastModified: 04 24 2012
- description: Newsletter of the Illinois State Archives & The Illinois State Historical Records Advisory Board
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2012 Spring
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/fortherecordspring12.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: Vol. 27, no. 1