Illinois EPA Responds to Chemical Spill into Prairie Creek Resulting in Fish Kill
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois EPA Responds to Chemical Spill into Prairie Creek Resulting in Fish Kill (2012, April 25) [421**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Illinois EPA Responds to Chemical Spill into Prairie Creek Resulting in Fish Kill (042512EPAPrairieCreekagchemspill.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Illinois EPA emergency responders and water quality specialists are in Tazewell County again today in response to yesterdays release into Prairie Creek, on Allentown Road west of the Village of Allentown, of several hundred gallons of a mixture of 28 percent nitrogen and 13.3 percent of an herbicide containing Atrazine. The address is reported to be 24815 Allentown Road. In addition, approximately 60 gallons of diesel fuel were released in the vehicle accident that caused the release. The spill resulted in a large and complete fish kill downstream of the incident site.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
1021 North Grand Avenue East
P.O. Box 19276
Springfield, IL 62794-9276
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 04 25 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 04 25 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:38:06 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 042512EPAPrairieCreekagchemspill.doc - checksum='3774117671' byte count= '103936'