Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
For the Record: Newsletter of the Illinos State Archives and the Illinois State Historical Record Advisory Board, Secretary of State and State Archivist
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.The Lincoln Academy of Illinois has named Dr. Wayne C. Temple, chief deputy director ofthe Illinois State Archives, one of recipients of the Order of Lincoln, the highest honor that can be awarded by the state of Illinois to one of its citizens. The Lincoln Academy was established in 1964 to honor distinguished individuals whowere Illinoisans either by birth or by residence. Past award winners have included Ronald Reagan, Chicago Bears' Walter Payton, Illinois Poet Laureate Gwendolyn Brooks, authorMichael Beschloss, business leader Lester Crown, Nobel scientist Leon Lederman and educator Stephanie Pace Marshall. This year's award is different in that it is special Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Edition of the Award. All recipients hav edistinguished themselves in the Lincoln field and do not necessarily have an Illinois connection. Dr. Temple is the author of everal books on Lincoln and is considered one of the leading Lincoln scholars in the world. He has worked at the State Archivesf
Margaret Cross Norton Bldg.
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:16:54 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 20120618194517_fortherecordwinter09.pdf - checksum='3387297026' byte count= '514363'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois State Archives
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-4682
- contactState: IL
- contactStreetAddress2: Capitol Complex
- contactZipCode: 62756
- dateCreated: 01 14 2009
- dateLastModified: 01 14 2009
- description: Newsletter of the Illinois State Archives & The Illinois State Historical Records Advisory Board
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2009 Winter
- originallyProvidedURL: http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/fortherecordwinter09.pdf
- originatorDepartment: Office of Secretary of State
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol. 23, no. 1