Department of Insurance Announces $500 Million Settlement with MetLife
Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Department of Insurance Announces $500 Million Settlement with MetLife (2012, April 23) [406**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Department of Insurance Announces $500 Million Settlement with MetLife (042312INSMetLifeSettlement.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
A six-state task force led by the Illinois Department of Insurance (DOI) today announced that the states have reached a multi-million dollar settlement with Metropolitan Life Insurance Company and its life insurance affiliates (MetLife). Under the settlement, MetLife and its affiliates agreed to pay more than $500 million in life insurance benefits and also agreed to pay $40 million to states that are a party to the settlement to pay for stepped up monitoring by the states.
Illinois Information Service
Organization: Illinois Department of Insurance
320 W. Washington Street
Springfield, IL 62767-0001
Document Descriptive Information
- Language(s): EN-English
- Creation Date (from issuing agency): 04 23 2012
- Document Modification Date (from issuing agency): 04 23 2012
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:54:29 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 042312INSMetLifeSettlement.doc - checksum='1299364106' byte count= '134144'