Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Department of Insurance Announces $500 Million Settlement with MetLife [406**12]
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Department of Insurance Announces $500 Million Settlement with MetLife (042312INSMetLifeSettlement.doc)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
320 W. Washington Street
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:54:29 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 042312INSMetLifeSettlement.doc - checksum='1299364106' byte count= '134144'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Department of Insurance
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-4515
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62767-0001
- dateCreated: 04 23 2012
- dateLastModified: 04 23 2012
- description: A six-state task force led by the Illinois Department of Insurance (DOI) today announced that the states have reached a multi-million dollar settlement with Metropolitan Life Insurance Company and its life insurance affiliates (MetLife). Under the settlement, MetLife and its affiliates agreed to pay more than $500 million in life insurance benefits and also agreed to pay $40 million to states that are a party to the settlement to pay for stepped up monitoring by the states.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: April 23
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois Information Service
- volumeOrYear: 2012