Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Digester/Over the Spillway
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Digester/Over the Spillway: March 2001 (march-2001.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Without lot of fanfare, spanking new $38.7 million drinking water treatment plant serving an estimated 50,000 residents of Alton and adjacent areas was put into service last New Year's Eve. Mike Lawhon, operations superintendent for Illinois American's Alton District, switched the facility on line at approximately p.m. few hours earlier, Illinois American staffers conducted "taste test" in its Alton distribution office, serving samples of the "new" water to focus group of Alton District customers. They were asked to rate the water for taste, clarity, odor and overall water quality. Out of possible points, water from the new facility rated 9.3. Karen Cooper, IAWC's Southern Division manager, said "These results and information directly from customers helped us make decision on when to turn the new plant on." For while, until Illinois American Water Co. officials are sure there aren't any operational surprises ahead, the rugged old water plant at the Mississippi's edge continued to fun
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 14:06:33 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- march-2001.pdf - checksum='3505957615' byte count= '409582'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Water
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 03 16 2005
- dateLastModified: 03 16 2005
- description: This title is a periodical published by the Illinois EPA Bureau of Water providing relevant information to professionals in the water/wastewater/drinking water treatment fields.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2001 March
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Water
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol. 60 no. 1