Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Illinois Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program Newsletter:
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Illinois Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program Newsletter: Fall/Winter 2007 (fallwinter07.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.1 Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program 1021 North Grand Avenue East P.O. Box Springfield, IL 62794-9276 Fall/Winter 2007 Illinois Environmental Protection Agency ILLINOIS NEWSLETTER We've come to the end of yet another monitoring season. Your Secchi disk has been dunked and dragged through the depths of your lake dozens of times over the last six months and countless times over the years. Your chlorophyll filtering equipment has been dutifully waterlogged in sample filtrations as well as clean-up rinses. Your shipping coolers have endured dropping, kicking, scraping, bouncing, twisting and the rest of the gauntlet of torture otherwise known as the back of the UPS truck. As we bring the season to close, please take few minutes to make sure your monitoring equipment is clean, dry and stored in proper location until it's time to bring it out of hibernation for next season's monitoring. Here are few tips on how to properly store your monitoring equipment: Secchi Disk: Rinse your Secchi disk
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:26:13 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- fallwinter07.pdf - checksum='3047836759' byte count= '796263'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Water
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 11 07 2007
- dateLastModified: 11 07 2007
- description: In 1981, the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency established the Volunteer Lake Monitoring Program (VLMP) as an important and necessary step to help protect Illinois lake resources. This is a win-win program for both the Agency and the volunteers. This program provides a service to the Agency by harnessing the time and talent of citizen volunteers to help gather fundamental information on more Illinois inland lakes than could otherwise be possible with existing staff. It also serves its volunteers by providing an educational gateway for citizens to learn more about factors that affect lake water quality. By learning more about cause-and-effect relationships with their watershed and lake, volunteers are more likely to take an active role in protecting their lake by encouraging better lake management. This newsletter was created to provide more information to those who participate in the program.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: Fall/Winter
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Water
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2007