Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Pollution Prevention Internship Program: 2009 Technical Summaries
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- P2 Internship Program Project Technical Summaries: 2009 (2009technical-summaries.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Ahlstrom Filtration LLC Taylorville, Illinois Intern: Matt Luedke University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Ahlstrom is manufacturer of automotive filter media that is used in oil, air and fuel filters. The facility is located in Taylorville and employs people. The intern identified several opportunities to reduce energy consumption at the facility, as well as followed up on several projects that were initiated by the pollution prevention intern from the previous summer. Results: The intern identified diverting tons of sludge that is currently being sent to landfill. The disposal savings are estimated to be $40,000 year. The intern also worked on the following energy efficiency projects: Identified and tagged leaks in the compressed air system which could save over $12,000 annually in reduced energy costs when they are repaired. Identified lighting upgrades that could save Ahlstrom over $600 year. Recommended the installation of device that powers down vending machines to conserve e
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 21:20:27 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 2009technical-summaries.pdf - checksum='2206146864' byte count= '136091'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 06 07 2010
- dateLastModified: 06 07 2010
- description: This report provides summaries of the projects performed during the 2009 IEPA Pollution Prevention Internship Program.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Office of Pollution Prevention
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2009