Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Pollution Prevention Internship Program: 2004 Technical Summaries
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- P2 Internship Program Project Technical Summaries: 2004 (2004technical-summaries.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Abbott Laboratories Abbott Park, IL Shannon Phillips Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Abbott Laboratories is global, broad based health care company devoted to discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical and medical pro ducts, including nutritionals, devices, and diagnostics. The north suburban Chicago company employs more than 55,000 people and markets its products in more than countries. The intern worked on several projects, but the primary focus was on water conservation projects in fermentation process areas. Results * Approximately 1,000,000 gallons of fresh water per year are being conserved in the fermentation processes improving wastewater treatment operations and reducing water usage. Automated liquid level controls were added and preventive maintenance routines were re-assessed in one process room, reducing water usage and waste by up to 13,000 gallon per product cycle (24-36 hours). Four large centrifuges are used to separate concentrated
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 21:17:27 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- 2004technical-summaries.pdf - checksum='1705941481' byte count= '55848'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Pollution Prevention
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 06 03 2005
- dateLastModified: 06 03 2005
- description: This report provides summaries of the projects performed during the 2004 Pollution Prevention Internship Program.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Office of Pollution Prevention
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois