Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- eAir Repair: May 2011 (eair2011may.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.If you are looking for past issues, Click here May 2011 Communication Problem2000 Lincoln Town Car By: Scott Lettow (Field Trainer) Car-X Associates CorpWe know that most of the communication issues wind up to be interrupted B+ to Pin at the DLC. As spelled out in many articles and pointed out in classes that the Illinois EPA provides, communication issues can be resolved by following some simple guidelines. Our Car-X Repair Center on Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville took on 2000 Lincoln Town Car that had not passed the emissions test for two years. Imran (lead tech) tried couple of different scan tools along with code reader to start communication. He was as unsuccessful as the state's machines. He used the standard protocol by checking pins 16, 4, and 5. With good results, he proceeded to test the data bus. This vehicle uses the Standard Corporate Protocol (SCP) twisted pair data bus. We used scope to capture both plus and minus bus lines. He backprobed pins and with the scan tool
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 21:23:29 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- eair2011may.pdf - checksum='2420747294' byte count= '255493'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 05 04 2011
- dateLastModified: 05 04 2011
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations. This version was created as an online-only resource.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2011