Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- eAir Repair: May 2010 (eair2010may.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.If you are having trouble reading eAirRepair, click here to view online. If you are looking for past issues, click here. May 2010 edition Man-Made Problems: Tampering with Wiring Harness By: Jeff Katz from Katz Automotive Inc., Elgin IL Vehicle: 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix Symptom: Multiple fails/rejects OBD emission tests History: Relatively new plugs, wires, O2 sensors, multiple repair attempts from various sources, PCM re-flash, multiple fails, rejects, and waivers Sometimes the tough problems are man-made. We had 1999 Grand Prix with failed emissions test, whose owner was on her last temporary trip permit and just wanted her license plate renewed. It looked innocent enough. That is, until we pulled the history on the Dashboard. The car tested multiple times since 2007 and was either rejected, failed, or issued waiver. Surprisingly, it had never passed an Illinois emissions test. The customer stated she had purchased the car used and had made multiple unsuccessful attempts to repair i
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 21:14:56 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- eair2010may.pdf - checksum='3147071867' byte count= '293782'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 05 25 2010
- dateLastModified: 05 25 2010
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations. This version was created as an online-only resource.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: May
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: 2010