Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Air Repair: May 2001 (air-repair-may-2001.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Air Repair May 2001 Volume Number May 2001 On February 1, 2001, IM240cutpoints were tightened for 1988 and newer vehicles, using the U.S.Environmental Protection Agency's final cutpoints. As projected, morevehicles are failing the tighter cutpoints.When Illinois implemented the IM240 test two years ago, thestart-up cutpoints gave the repair industry the chance to gain experi-ence and education on how to Tighter Cutpoints = More Failed Vehicles diagnose and repair transientemission failures with such aids as IM240 training (see article on DoesIM240 Training Help?), Colorado State Phase I, II or the OutreachProgram's Information Seminar. CSU's Phase III Catalytic Con-verter seminar showed the importance of converters with thesetighter cutpoints. Other states found that up to 50% of vehicles will needa new catalyst under the tighter cutpoints. Data collected by the AIRTEAMindicates that YES, IM240 training does help! Repair data clearlyindicates that shops employing IM240 trained techni
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:45:04 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- air-repair-may-2001.pdf - checksum='1558251356' byte count= '68940'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 05 09 2001
- dateLastModified: 05 09 2001
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2001 May
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol. 4, no.2