Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Air Repair: June 1998 (air-repair-june-1998.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Air Repair June 1998 Volume Number June 1998 New Vehicle Emissions Test Coming Soon Dynamometers are installed in the new Palatine Station. Currently, new stationsare under construction in Chicago, Hillside, Streamwood, Lincolnshire, Crystal Lake, Collinsville, Belleville, Glen Carbon, and Joliet. Stations are currentlybeing renovated in Bedford Park and Wood River. The Illinois Environmental Protec-tion Agency (EPA) is enhancing the current vehicle emission testprogram to help further reduce air pollution in the Chicago and MetroEast St. Louis areas. The new I/M test moreaccurately measures emissions from today's computer-controlledvehicles. It uses dynamometer to run the vehicle at various speeds,simulating two-mile urban trip. The new test system will collectand analyze the vehicle's exhaust during the drive cycle. The motoristwill receive computer printout that will help technicians diagnosefailures. The Illinois EPA expects tobegin the Enhanced Vehicle Emissions Test Program bet
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:33:22 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- air-repair-june-1998.pdf - checksum='3861097159' byte count= '644687'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 10 29 1998
- dateLastModified: 01 08 1999
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 1998 June
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol. 1, no. 1