Descriptor pages for multiple versions of a publication may be retrieved. Users should carefully check the version or date to match publications to their needs.
Access this Publication
Connect to the document
- Air Repair: January 2002 (air-repair-january-2002.pdf)
This document is one volume or edition of a serial (recurring) publication. Click here to access the entire series.
Sample text from the file
.Air Repair January 2002 Volume Number January In Review Continued on page The second full year of the IM240vehicle emissions test program in Illinois brought with it some notablechanges to the test and lot of activity with the repair industrythrough the Illinois EPA's (IEPA) Outreach program. Soon after thefirst of the year on February 1, the pass-fail standards (cutpoints) usedin the Illinois vehicle emissions test program were tightened for 1988and newer vehicles. The new standard for passenger cars 1996and newer, for example, went from 0.60 gpm to gpm HC and from10 gpm to gpm CO. One result of the tighter standards that affectsthe repair industry is the increase in vehicles failing the test from anapproximate eight percent failure rate to approximately percent.Recognizing the complexity of IM240 repairs and the importanceof fixing vehicles right the first time, the IEPA, through its Outreachprogram, has stepped up its IM240 training activities by sponsoring freeseminars on functio
1021 N Grand Ave E
Document Descriptive Information
- Date Accepted Into Depository: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 17:14:36 UTC
- Checksum Algorithm: MD5 SHA1
- Document File Checksum:
- air-repair-january-2002.pdf - checksum='1579035213' byte count= '505738'
Other Descriptions Supplied by the Issuing Agency
- agencyProgram: Illinois Air Team
- contactCity: Springfield
- contactOrganization: Illinois Environmental Protection Agency, Bureau of Air
- contactPhoneNumber: 217-782-3397
- contactState: IL
- contactZipCode: 62702
- dateCreated: 12 13 2001
- dateLastModified: 12 13 2001
- description: Air Repair is a newsletter written for emissions testing personnel/stations.
- govType: State
- language: EN-English
- numberOrIssue: 2002 January
- originatorDepartment: Environmental Protection Agency
- originatorDivision: Bureau of Air
- originatorJurisdiction: Illinois
- originatorOffice: Illinois
- volumeOrYear: vol. 5, no. 1